Craving chips, but can’t afford all the fat? These oven baked Chili Lime Plantain Chips are the perfect healthy alternative! We found these thin, crunchy treats on Fed and Fit and can’t wait to give them a try! Feel free to swap out the Chili Lime seasoning if you aren’t a fan of spicy snacks.
2 green plantains
Juice of two limes
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons coconut or olive oil
1. Set oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the ends off and then score the length of the plantain with about three evenly spaced cuts. Don’t cut too far into the flesh, you just want to cut through the skin. Peel the plantains.
3. Slice each plantain on a diagonal as thinly as you can consistently manage.
4. Toss the plantain slices with the melted coconut oil, lime juice, chili powder, and sea salt, then lay out on the baking sheet making sure the slices are not overlapping.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp. You can leave in longer or shorter depending on how your oven heats and remove the more well-done chips as they start to brown.